Great job! You have taken the first step towards working for DIS! If you would like to proceed with your application after reading through everything carefully there is a form at the bottom of this page and we would love to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing if this sounds like the perfect job for you!
Work for DIS
WHO ARE WE?
DIS DANCE are known for our family environment, focus on performances rather than competitions, age-appropriate costumes and our belief in personal and professional development. We not only have classes to build confidence and promote teamwork but we also offer a Performance Team avenue for our more dedicated dancers doing multiple classes.
A BIT ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL
Hi my name is Kelly Adams. I am a fully qualified Primary School Teacher and have a Diploma in Positive Psychology and Wellbeing. I am extremely lucky to be able to create a business that I feel so passionate about each and every day and I love being able to use my strengths as a school teacher to create such a wonderful and educational atmosphere at DIS DANCE.
I have been a permanent teacher at Kellyville Ridge Public School since 2007 and in that time I have had 3 beautiful children and built this dance studio from the ground up whilst working part-time.
in 2016, I took a step back from full-time dance teaching and employed other teachers to teach the classes for me whilst I have taken a more managerial role of the business. In order to further progress this business and spread the love of dance to even more families, I need more amazing people to join my team with the same vision and values!
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
At DIS DANCE “teaching dance is what we do, inspiring dancers is who we are”. We run our business on 5 core values.
We are 1. Positive and Inspiring. 2. Continually Improving. 3. Inclusive. 4. Modest and Age Appropriate. 5. Respectful and Appreciative
Modest and Age-Appropriate
We have a no midriff policy on costumes and uniforms, make sure our music and choreography fits our values and believe child safety is of utmost importance.
We are in tune with our customers and are constantly revising our policies and procedures. Our teachers participate in ongoing teacher training and assessment and so do our student teachers.
Everything we do is to try and make everyone feel at home when they walk through our doors whether they are someone who does 1 class or 10.
Positive and Inspiring
DIS Dance not only teaches dance but also promotes the importance of keeping our minds fit with a specialised program written by Managing Director Kelly Adams and Psychologist Nichole Sullivan called Fitmindz for Kids. This helps our dancers not only be great at dance, but educate them to be fantastic human beings for the future as well.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING
Make A Difference
Every day you’ll have the opportunity to converse with all our dance families to make them feel welcome and part of our team. You will have the opportunity to change children’s lives with how you teach and give them a skill for life. This job is truly a gift for our next generation and everything you do and say has potential to inspire our youth and give them amazing memories of dance!
Get Paid For What You Love
Every day you’ll be doing things you’re great at and doing things you love to do. If you love watching children achieve goals, love making kids smile and laugh, love preparing amazing and challenging classes, love being part of a team and are a real people person, this will hardly feel like work at all!
Grow & Learn
We are constantly revising policies and thinking of new ways we can support our family and how we can do things better. Our Principal is a huge believer in self-improvement and spends money on each and every staff member’s personal and professional development every year.
Laughing and enjoying yourself at “work” is important. We’re a family, and having an environment where you can be yourself and have a good time is one of the many things we pride ourselves on.
GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS
Are you one of those teachers who always teaches with a smile on their face and have an infectious energy about you? Are you a teacher that kids really aspire to be?
We are looking for passionate, generous, hard-working rockstars to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING EXACTLY
- Teach classes to a wide variety of children at different levels of their development with patience and understanding
- Be friendly to all students as they arrive to class, use their name as much as possible and acknowledge good effort always!
- Finish routines 4 weeks in advance of a performance to give students enough time to perfect their steps and feel great on stage
- Have effective communication between management and admin staff sometimes outside paid teaching hours as required
- Hand in requirements such as edited music by the due date
- Invest in the growth and development of not only the students but yourself as well
- Create routines with excellent choreographic skills.
- Take records of what is being taught on a weekly basis and check off things taught out of our syllabus documents
- Mark the roll for every class online, give notices, and post videos and photos for parents in our Band App.
- Check our Teacher’s Group once a day for any urgent updates and acknowledge or reply to them
- Allow 10 minutes before class for set up
- Start and finish classes exactly on time
- A passion for life and dance teaching
- Excellent recall of student names and a genuine interest in their stories and progression
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn
- Ability to handle direct feedback and be able to implement changes based on that feedback quickly and efficiently
- Be open to change, new technology and new ideas for the business
- Be a problem solver and be able to report to the Principal if something is not working in a timely fashion
THIS IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Want to be an entrepreneur and run your own business. You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to love what you do and be the best at your role, but if you want to run your own company in the near future then we are not for you
- Have no interest in personal development or think you know enough already
- You want to turn up, teach, go home and not think about the job until the start of your next shift
- You are not interested in the values of the business
- You only want a job for 3-6 months before you go to work on a Cruise Ship/overseas. This is a minimum 12-month commitment but would love it to be longer if possible.
THIS ROLE IS PERFECT IF YOU…
- Love teaching dance to everyone who walks into your classroom
- Love a challenge and do not get discouraged or annoyed by students who struggle
- Can work alone and in a team environment
- Have great attention to detail
- Have exceptional communication skills when it comes to dealing with team members and customers
- Have a can-do attitude
- Embrace every part of the business with energy and passion
- Are looking for a new place to call home!
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR FAMILY
- Make a difference in the lives of our DIS DANCE families and make every single person feel special and know that they matter at DIS
- Be involved in a studio that cares about their customers and know that the number one priority is using dance to enhance kids’ lives
- Join a team of talented and inspiring people who love what they do
- The Principal is invested and cares about your personal and professional development and overall happiness in your job
- You will see the joy you can create with parents and students on a daily basis
- We are not your regular dance studio. We have long-term goals of being a place of wellbeing, a place where you can start training to become a dance teacher and a place where kids can grow mentally and physically in safe family environment. Being a part of this progression is something that will be truly special!
MY LAST WORDS
I am a self-confessed workaholic and I am obsessed with dance and the joy it can bring everyone. I really need someone as equally excited about dance and someone who just loves to teach! I need staff who have the ability to be immersed in the business and be passionate about the direction we are headed. I want to share this journey with someone who is goal driven and loves to better themselves on a daily basis. I want someone positive and friendly and someone who parents, students and teachers will love to be around. If this sounds like you, please apply!!!